7.10.2009

One day at a time


Forgiveness is a word I've known and lived since the earliest moment I can remember. If you have read my blog in the past, you know that my life has been one full of betrayal by important people in my life. But you also know that I have no regrets, as each moment taught me something about myself and others. Each moment gave me strentgth and greater understanding about life and love.

Tomorrow I turn 34 years old. By some standards, I am in my prime. By others, I am heading over "that" hill. Do I feel my 34 years? Yes and no. I hope I don't look it. Ha.

At this age, it can be easy to get wrapped up in the "what ifs", broken dreams and promises, and feel negativity about where life has taken you. I am guilty of succombing to such self-defeating thoughts a time or two. It's so much easier to curl up on a lonely night with a bottle of wine and cry bitter tears about where life has taken you. It's easier than holding your head high and putting together a plan to still achieve the dreams of your youth, if it's still what you want from life.

So on the eve of 34, I am asking myself what dreams are still pertinant. What do I want to be when I grow up? Where do I want my life to go? How has life shaped and prepared me for what is ahead? Who do I want to share the path with? Who is in my life that creates unnecessary baggage and should be left behind in the past?

I feel good about what is in front of me. I don't have all the answers. I don't know what God has in store for my life. But I know that with a positive attitude, a little faith and hard work... whatever life brings me will be just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment