12.20.2009

Still my favorite times of year...

Since we'll be on the east coast for Christmas, the kids and I enjoyed a lovely early Christmas dinner at the folks house. It was just like the one's growing up and it's so fun to watch my kiddos experience the same traditions.

First off was the setting of the table and enjoying grace before digging into turkey, cranberry sauce (which surprisingly Jenna LOVED), mash potatoes, green beans and sweet potatoes. And of course my favorite, hot buttery rolls. Admit it, you are hungry now aren't you? I am just mad I forgot to bring some leftover turkey home for my late night turkey sammich. Bummer. We also prayed Papa will be home by Christmas, as I got a late night call saying that it is a possibility he won't be. We are trying to keep faith though and not get too heartbroken yet.

Next was the awesomeness of making and decorating cookies. Excuse the quality of the pics, taken with my iphone because I forgot the Nikon at home tonight in my frenzy to wrap and load Christmas gifts into the car along with two very excited children.

Finally, after much begging and pleading, we dived into the passing out of gifts (yes, Jenna and Nate were doing the begging, not me or my sister Megan! Ha. Okay well not too much anyways).

The kids were adorable, as they were more excited about the gifts they gave than what they were getting. I had taken them earlier that day with $8 each to "The Dollar Tree" and a list of people to get for and let them loose to choose what they wanted to get. They had sooooo much fun finding unique and fun things for everyone.

The prized purchases were probably the Jeff Gordan poster that Nate picked out for Papaw and the wine glasses Jenna got for me, Megan and Joe. Mine was the fake Uggs for my mom, she loved them! The funniest was the silly string that Nate got his Uncle Joe... because he's a "prankster". I think Megan was happy I had veto'd the air horn he WANTED to get Joe. LOL.

Nate got an awesome Charades game for kids and we all played it. It was so much fun and many laughs were had by all. We got some good video of it too that I plan to post to youtube or facebook soon. I am still giggling.

The only sad part was missing Aunt Misty, Uncle Chris and little Chase. Hopefully next year we will all be together. Seeing the cousins play on Christmas morning will be like being a kid all over again, I am sure.

I am off to cuddle with the kids and watch some Nutcracker Ballet on TV. The kids love it as much as I do. Next two days will be crazy with our whirlwind of packing to get ready for our trip.

Next stop is Disney and the beautiful Christmas Lights, stringing popcorn and cranberries for the Christmas Tree, and awaiting the arrival of the big guy.... Papa (oh and Santa too). Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment