4.22.2009

Frantically, I searched through drawers looking for green shirts. Why? Because upon awaking this morning, my darling girl stated "Oh yeah, Mom, today we can wear jeans and a green shirt instead of our uniforms." It was Earth Day.

So at 10 minutes til the time we need to be getting in the car to head to school, I am rushing around looking for a green shirt. Green isn't a color that my kids are fond of buying in clothes... luckily I had picked out a "Love Her" Earth Day tshirt for Nate (see picture below) this past weekend, but not knowing Jenna would have a pass from having to wear her school uniform, it didn't occur to me to get her one. I should have known better.

In a final act of desperation, I hit my closet and picked out a tshirt that was a bit too small for me that I had custom-made a few years ago. It was green with a silver Swarovski crystal cross on the front. A little bling-y for first grade, but it would have to do. Jenna LOVED it of course.

Of course, Nate won't be left out and is begging for his new shirt. Which I haven't washed yet.

So, my contribution to Earth Day today? Water Conservation. I sent my kid to school in clothes he wore this weekend. Ha.

Oh and by the way... I realized I like green a LOT... as I had plenty of green shirts to choose from. Must be because I am Irish. Yeah. That's it.

Best part? My Earth Day bouquet from Jenna this morning as we rushed out the door.

Don't forget the three R's peeps: Reduce, Re-use, Recycle.


Nate in his green shirt:
Photobucket

My Earth Day Bouquet:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment