1.08.2009

Who is this child?


Something I want to be sure to do more of is writing down some of the conversations my kids have. Their intelligence, wit and intuition never fails to astound, impress and amuse me.

For example, Jenna's conversation with her father on the phone last night.

Jenna: Sorry I didn't get to go to your wedding Daddy - even though you PROMISED I could. (insert slight dramatic pout).

the ex: That's okay Jenna. I tried, I really did, but it didn't work out.

Jenna: Yeah, you stole Nate from school and got in trouble. I understand. (with a tone of resignation and matter of factness).

the ex: (long pause)

Jenna: Daddy?

the ex: Well I didn't steal him, I just borrowed him. I was going to put him back when I was done. (teasing tone).

Jenna: (giggle) He's not a toy to be borrowed and put away daddy.

the ex: I know. (sigh)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, there. Thanks for your interest in 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women. Please email me if you'd like to be added to the list of participants.

    ReplyDelete